1. Tell us about your role at Cloud Assess:
I have joined the team at Cloud Assess in the Marketing Department. A big part of my job is creating content for the website, including blogs and graphics, improving our SEO, as well as helping to organise different campaigns and webinars, and the social media part is really fun too!
2. What inspires you about the Vocational Education and Training sector?
Vocational Education is so important for people who are looking to develop new skills to increase employability, or who are looking to upskill to stay competitive.
For people like me who had an extended break from work due to having a family, the ability to access flexible study options was critical to my re-entering the workforce. The marketing industry changed completely while I was off and it was essential that I be able to gain the skills necessary to stay competitive in the job market.
3. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Paint. I’d love to be able to pick up a paint brush and canvas and make a piece of art.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Italy. The culture, the scenery, the food, the wine, it all seems like a fairy tale.
5. What’s your favourite activity?
Running. There’s something to be said for going outside, listening to music, spending a bit of time alone with your thoughts, and getting a decent workout all at the same time.
6. What is your personal philosophy?
Try to make the world a better place, even if it’s just a little bit.
7. Tell us something that might surprise us about you:
I’m Canadian, but I hate the cold! I haven’t seen snow in over 10 years and I don’t miss it one bit.
8. What is online assessment to you?
To me, online assessment is sustainability. Going digital means far less paper is needed as well as postage requirements and storage which all contribute to a larger carbon footprint.
9. What’s your favourite feature in Cloud Assess?
It would have to be the ability to embed media into assessments. Using videos, photos and audio recordings makes for a truly unique assessment experience.
10. What’s the best thing about working for Cloud Assess?
The people, 100%. It is such a collaborative and supportive environment, it’s no wonder such great ideas are constantly generated. We all love what we do, and we have fun doing it!