WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Understanding the significance of building secure attachments in infancy and toddlerhood.
- Implementing consistent and positive personal care routines tailored to each child’s individual and cultural needs.
- Recognizing and responding to interactions initiated by babies and toddlers to foster attachment.
- Providing physical comfort and calm reassurance to facilitate strong caregiver-child relationships.
- Learning about the role of language development in building connections with infants and toddlers.
- Observing and interpreting non-verbal cues and signals to understand babies’ and toddlers’ needs.
- Engaging in meaningful conversations and activities to stimulate cognitive and language development.
- Reflecting on caregiving practices and collaborating with colleagues and families to enhance relationship-building skills.
This comprehensive course focuses on the importance of developing relationships with babies and toddlers in their early years, laying the groundwork for their emotional well-being and cognitive development.
Through two detailed lessons, participants will learn essential skills for providing consistent and positive personal care tailored to each child’s individual needs and cultural context. They will also gain insights into responding to interactions with infants and toddlers, fostering secure attachments, and enhancing relationships through effective communication and comforting techniques.
With a strong emphasis on practical ideas and real-life scenarios, this course equips caregivers with the necessary skills and understanding to navigate the challenges of supporting children’s development in everyday life.
By completing the course, adults responsible for the care of young children will be better prepared to support their well-being and learning, creating a nurturing environment that promotes healthy transitions and supports children’s overall well-being.
You will learn a variety of important skills including understanding the significance of building secure attachments, providing physical comfort, and learning about the role of language development.
Developing strong relationships in infancy and toddlerhood fosters secure attachment.Course Overview
Providing Consistent and Positive Personal Care
Responding to Interactions and Building Attachment
Online Course & Quiz
Written Assessment & Marking
Practical & Evidence Assessment
Upon completion you will be issued with a course certificate which will be saved in your account and can be shared on Linkedin under your Licenses & Certifications.