Sonya Johnson from Breakthru Community College won this year and was over the moon to receive her rose gold iPad. She was able to spare some time for us and provide you with some insights into her role, how she got into Training and some advice to students and their Learner Journey. Read more in this 60-second interview.
60 Seconds with…
1. Tell us about your RTO and position within the organisation:
Breakthru is a community-based not for profit organisation with an RTO that delivers a range of community services qualifications to support the human services workforce in Disability support, Aged Care, Allied Health and Mental Health.
In my role as National Training Manager, I manage the RTO operations across the footprint.
2. What got you into the training industry?
A passion for people and quality.
3. Tell us about the industry you work in?
Community Services is a values based broad reaching sector with a variety of employment pathways and opportunities to support people in their life.
4. What is the best part of the work you do?
I work with an amazing team and we all love seeing the transformational impact that training offers students. The blossoming confidence and employability of graduating students is something super special to be a part of.
5. What is the most challenging part of your role?
Not enough hours in the day! Lol!
6. What is your proudest achievement at work?
Supporting a team of amazing people to bring customer and quality-centric practices to the core of our operations.
7. When you were a student the person who inspired you most was and why…
My trainer Tracey Holt, she had a tenacious commitment to quality and natural ability to read people and inspire the best out of them.
8. What’s the best piece of advice you give to students / what is your favourite saying?
If you remember the “why” the purpose of why you are here, everything else takes care of itself.
9. If you could give one piece of advice to someone starting out in the training industry, what would it be?
Remember, it’s not about you. It’s about our students and supporting them with what they need to master their chosen skillset and in turn supporting our towns and communities. Our students may one day be the carer of our loved one or the case worker of a friend.
10. What would you say to someone thinking about registering for a training course?
Be informed, do your research and understand your options (there are so many out there these days). You can never ask too many questions of RTOs regarding the mode of delivery and the support on offer for you as a normal part of your training. Go with the qualification and RTO that feels right to you and ask yourself, “Can I see myself working in the sector I’m about to study in?”
If so, go for it!!
11. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this year?
Winning an iPad from Cloud Assess. ☺
12. Why do you think RTOs love Cloud Assess?
Their great customer service!