We interviewed Linda, the National Training and Compliance Expert from Future Force. She looks after the training needs and ensures that everything meets the government standards, she sure knows her RTO compliance. Before her time at Future Force, she was active in the international freight forwarding industry, accumulating ten years of experience. During this time she worked for several of the industry’s largest multinational companies. On top of that, she was not shy of studying hard and managed to get a number of transport and logistics qualifications and a Certificate IV in training and assessment.
Future Force trains young people for the International Freight and Logistics industry. They ensure that there are enough new talents that will be valuable employees in the future. All of the trainers within Future Force have first-hand industry experience just like Linda. This way, the trainees can get the best education possible and will be employed by the right company for a matching position.
1. Tell us about your RTO and position within the organisation:
My RTO is called Future Force Training and Recruitment. We specialise in traineeships in the International FreightForwarding Industry. We employ recent school leavers and place them in Host Company’s to complete their Cert III while working full time and starting their career. We also have courses to upskill people already in the industry and new entrants to the industry.
2. What got you into the training industry?
I was working in the International Freight Forwarding Industry training staff internally at a large multi-national company and wanted to get in on the ground level with helping young people join the industry and start their career.
3.Tell us about the industry you work in?
International Freight Forwarding is in the Transport and Logistics sector. We work with both large and small companies arranging the international transfer of goods and freight.
4. What is the best part of the work you do?
Seeing that the training we provide is valuable to both the student and their Host Company.
5. What is the most challenging part of your role?
Keeping our training material up to date with our ever-changing industry.
6. What is your proudest achievement at work?
Surviving almost 13 years…
7. When you were a student, the person who inspired you most was and why…
My home economics teacher because I wanted to be a chef…. Now look at me!
8. What’s the best piece of advice you give to students / what is your favourite saying?
Model yourself on the most successful people in your organisation and life.
9. If you could give one piece of advice to someone starting out in the training industry, what would it be?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and always be willing to learn.
10. What would you say to someone thinking about registering for a training course?
Be a sponge! Learn as much as you can from the people teaching you.
11. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this year?
I adopted a new puppy – a Great Dane named Darcy.
12. Why do you think RTOs love Cloud Assess?
The ease of use, the visibility of the learners’ journey and dealing with a great team.
We want to say thank you to Linda for this lovely interview and are looking forward to meeting her as soon as possible again. See you latest at the #NVC2019!