If you’re seeking to revolutionise your company’s development approach, you’re in the right place. Dive into our curated list of the best digital learning platforms in 2023.
Pick what platform is for you. And set your employees on employee development plans.
#1 Digital Learning Platform: Cloud Assess
Cloud Assess is a cloud-based digital learning platform and assessment system. It’s designed to streamline skills development for both learning managers and learners.
Cloud Assess provides an inclusive interface and bespoke learner app to make the learning journey seamless. Assess your learners before learning or training content is provided to identify any gaps and then set them on a tailored learning journey. Track the progress of each individual learner through reports that provide excellent visibility. Also, control automated processes and integrate other software to ensure your data flows where it needs to.
Why Choose Cloud Assess?
Cloud Assess has everything you need to train and assess new or existing employees. You can create an engaging learner experience using a convenient drag-drop designer. Organise units or modules, which can be part of a larger qualification. Use a wide array of content tools at your disposal: HTML, SCORM, external Learner Tools Interoperability, and embed or linked videos.
You’ll also enjoy the following features:
- Extensive Workplace Learning Library: Upskilling should be accessible to everyone. With thousands of free employee training courses for all industries and job roles, you can access accredited-level content with practical assessments, so that you can focus on developing your team.
- Skills Matrix: Analyse and assess the specific skills of individual members in your organisation. Use our free skills matrix template or generate your own in Cloud Assess.
- Assessment Authoring: You can create different types of assessments in Cloud Assess to test the knowledge and skills acquisition of your employees.
- Cyclical Assessment: Re-training and refresher training help keep your employees updated and experienced for any challenge or situation. You can schedule or automate re-assessment in Cloud Assess.
- Onboarding: Enroling new employees to Cloud Assess and bringing them up to speed about your company can be smooth and easy. Create a streamlined onboarding process right inside Cloud Assess.
- Works for general workforce training, as well as frontline or deskless worker training
- Focused on workplace skills acquisition as well as strategic workforce planning for present and future needs
- Flexible assessment builder so you can design to your requirements
- Quick and reliable customer support if you ever need help or advice
- A bespoke solution for practical assessment, accredited training, blended, online, or face-to-face delivery
- Offline Line functionality is available via the mobile app
- Free course content is available with access to assessments on the pro account
- All-access to automation features requires a pro account
- Occasional reported system glitches
Without having to pay any fees, you can already start planning and conducting employee training using reports, guides, and free accredited-level courses in the Cloud Assess Content Library. Sign up for a free trial to try it out for yourself.
Alternatively, you can hit the ground running with Cloud Assess Lite at AU$50 per calendar month.
Small, medium, and large enterprises can all use Cloud Assess to their advantage in employee learning and development. Registered Training Organisations and companies employing deskless workers specifically have an edge with Cloud Assess.
4.8/5 (average rating from Google, Capterra, GetApp, Facebook)
#2 Digital Learning Platform: ISpring Learn
ISpring Learn is a Learning Management System part of ISpring Solutions. It provides a web-, iOS- or Android-based authoring tool for organisations. You can access the app online or offline and reach live tech support. It provides learning options including, but not limited to, live online, documentation, videos, and webinars. It boasts no learning curve and a seamless process for content uploading, learner enrolling, and progress tracking.
- Built-In Editor: E-courses can be created with the long read feature with all the content you desire to include.
- Automated Enrolment: Based on the rules you set, iSpring Learn can automatically enrol employees to their appropriate courses.
- Detailed Reports: Various reporting types can be used to understand employee progress and training effectiveness.
- Mobile Learning: Learners can easily access the system through the dedicated mobile app.
- Quick customer service response
- Beginner- and customisation-friendly
- Limited custom user profiles
- Disabled functions for certain features
- Complicated authoring tool for assessments
ISpring Learn offers a free trial for their app. Premium subscriptions start at USD$2.99 per active user for a total of 50 active users in a month, to be billed annually.
ISpring Learn’s customers range from individual freelancers to large enterprises.
4.7/5 (average rating from Google, Capterra, GetApp, Facebook)
#3 Digital Learning Platform: SkyPrep
SkyPrep is an online training software for businesses and knowledge providers. You can train, test, and manage employees or clients through learning features. You can upload content, design quizzes, and track user progress.
- Multi-Use Tests: Designed tests can be used any number of times for different learning courses.
- Platform Customisation: You can customise the learner interface to make it look like it’s part of your company website.
- Real-time User Tracking: You can receive performance summaries and analytic reports for tracing activity on the platform.
- Solid customer service
- Sleek interfaces for both administrators and learners
- Multi-access to the system via mobile, laptop or desktop
- Challenging user experience
- Confusing materials sequencing
- Limited large group enrollment
- Difficult customisation functionality once a plan has been designed
You can get a 14-day free trial of the system. Subscriptions come in three tiers: Lite, Professional, and Enterprise with tailored pricing.
Users can range from individuals to large-scale operations with thousands of employees.
4.8/5 (average rating from Capterra and GetApp)
#4 Digital Learning Platform: Absorb LMS
Absorb LMS promises a user-friendly interface with dynamic features for both learners and administrators. It uses a cloud-based learning management system that features the flexibility to fit into your training programs. Absorb has been in the eLearning industry for more than 18 years, boasting a vast experience in employee training and development.
- AI Assistant: An intelligent assistant provides daily administrative management support based on natural language processing.
- Auto Transcription: Video lessons can be made searchable through AI and natural language processing. Learners can easily jump to points in the video or transcript for microlearning experiences.
- Varied Communication Tools: Learners can collaborate through discussion or breakout rooms, increasing training engagement.
- Custom Branding: Learner portals may be customised into beautiful, brand-specific interfaces.
- Robust set of tools for learning management
- Solid backend support
- Straightforward price model
- Limited assessment options
- Complex reporting structure
- User challenges for blended learning
- Rigid course management
Price structure varies according to organisational needs. Absorb offers Pay-Per-User, Pay-Per-Active-User, and Perpetual License Fee pricing structures. The LMS even has an open-source option.
Users of Absorb LMS are usually Registered Training Organisations and external training providers. Small to large enterprises, non-profits, and public administrations are also included in their target market, except for freelancers.
4.8/5 (average rating from Capterra, GetApp, Facebook)
#5 Digital Learning Platform: Leapsome
Leapsome is a People Enablement software for training, productivity and engagement. It features a training management software for organisational goals, as well as objectives and key results. Managers and executive leaders can also access performance reviews, 360-degree reviews, engagement surveys, feedback channels, promotions, and meetings.
- Integrated Feedback: Development managers and employees can easily communicate feedback with integrations to both Gmail and Slack.
- Middle Management Accountability: Upper management can check-in with learning managers through in-app meeting functions.
- Free Review Templates: You can quickly create reports in the kind you need such as performance reviews, leadership reviews, and 360-degree reviews.
- Learning Algorithm: Employees may receive personalised learning opportunities based on their personal profiles and individual feedback.
- Dynamic platform
- Communication channels that encourage mutual feedback
- Easy-to-follow setup guides for a smooth launch and rollout
- Useful features not prominently displayed in the main menu
- Confusing performance tracking
- Complicated process integration with unique organisational structures
Prices start at USD$8 per user per month, but it may change according to organisational needs. You can use their price calculator based on the features you want to have.
Leapsome caters to small to large-sized businesses with the exception of freelancers.
4.7/5 (average rating from Capterra and GetApp)
#6 Digital Learning Platform: TalentLMS
- Simple Setup: You won’t need any tech support in setting up the software for your organisation.
- Specific Learning Experiences: Customise as much as you need to for specific teams and individuals.
- Reduced Admin Time: You sign in to the platform through different ways and build automation to skip menial management tasks.
- Simple interface and functionality
- Various content types
- Poor customer service and tech support
- No content upload feature for mobile
- Limited configurations for system notifications
Pricing can be customised based on several factors. You can go with standard pricing or or based on active users only. You can pay a monthly or an annual subscription. Tiers are also categorised into Starter, Basic, Plus, and Premium, with free trials for each tier and tailored pricing for enterprises too.
Freelancers and organisations of all sizes may use TalentLMS for their training needs.
4.5/5 (average rating from Google, Capterra, GetApp, Facebook)
#7 Digital Learning Platform: Schoox
Schoox prioritises people in its learner experience platform. It aims to keep learners engaged by giving you numerous content options. It also makes learning accessible to both the corporate office and the front line. It even promises to make learning fun and rewarding.
- Huge Library: You can access more than a thousand public online courses on many topics from different course providers.
- Enterprise Learning: Each part of an organisation will require different skills and training. You can produce unique learning environments for each department of your organisation.
- Franchise Training: Franchises could be made to follow quality standards to uphold the brand reputation. Learning can be synchronised and standardised.
- The complexity of the program and processes grows along with the organisation
- Administrative tools allow for flexibility and creativity
- Top learners may be rewarded
- Integration of social media for millennial and Gen Z employees.
- Notification system issues
- Unreliable customer support
- Steep learning curve
Schoox is a subscription-based software. You can ask for a demo and a quote for your business.
Schoox targets midmarket and enterprise businesses more than small start-ups and individual freelancers.
4.3/5 (average rating from Capterra and GetApp)
#8 Digital Learning Platform: Cornerstone LMS
Cornerstone LMS is the employee training system of Cornerstone OnDemand, allowing you to connect employee learning with growth experience. You can personalise development for each worker and see all your employees through a dynamic view. Cornerstone provides support to make organisations ready for future challenges.
- Built-in Safety: With version control, compliance certifications, and tracking, you can reduce the risks encountered.
- Scaled Learning: Learners can engage wherever they wish and how they want to with automated assignments.
- Curated Content: Experts have made an extensive library of content that you can access for your training programs.
- Strong underlying structure with great functionality
- Powerful reporting tool
- Collaborate and active community of users
- A confusing mix of old and new functionality
- Poor iOS compatibility
- Frustrating software navigation
- Complex user interface
Cornerstone provides a free trial for their software, but pricing options will depend on your company’s learning needs.
Users of Cornerstone LMS are in medium to large-scale enterprises, leaving start-ups, small businesses and individuals.
4.3/5 (average rating from Capterra and GetApp)
#9 Digital Learning Platform: Docebo
Docebo’s LMS Suite promises faster onboarding, development, enablement and customer education for enterprise and corporate organisations. It provides solutions to both internal and external training of 500 workers and more.
- Impact Measurement: You can analyse your training’s impact on your objectives and make data-based decisions for future learning programs.
- Multi-Audience Delivery: You can tailor your content to internal, external, or blended audiences, regardless of their numbers.
- Culture Cultivation: Learning challenges may be overcome by introducing a learning culture into your business.
- Ease of use for smaller businesses
- Active tech support
- Growing software structure
- Smooth migration from previous learning systems or platforms
- Slow support response times
- Limited administrative options for staff
- Buggy software updates
Subscription prices are scaled according to your organisation’s size.
Docebo is focused on mid to large-scale enterprises with its huge user support that starts at 500.
4.4/5 (average rating from Google, Capterra, GetApp)
#10 Digital Learning Platform: Litmos
Litmos Training features a learning management system with an off-the-shelf library of educational videos. These have been professionally produced by experts covering a wide range of topics.
- Tight Security: Your data is highly protected by encryption and firewall functions over HTTPS. It’s also keyed with a private certificate with GDPR compliance.
- Built-In Content Designer: SCORM content has become easier to design. You won’t have to rely on external content creation applications anymore.
- Multi-Language Support: With support of over 35 languages, learners can learn based in their native or preferred language, increasing engagement.
- Strong mobile support
- Wide range of management tools from quick reporting to progress tracking
- Good customer support
- Simple user interface and user experience design
- Widespread bugging issues
- Non-intuitive software design
- Incorrect data sometimes shows on reports
Litmos offers three suites: Foundation, Premier, and Platinum. You can also get Add-Ons to your chosen suite such as Content Collections, Additional Services, Salesforce Connector, and Additional Tenants.
From freelancers to large enterprises, Litmos has been catering to anyone who needs a digital training platform.
4.2/5 (average rating from Capterra and GetApp)
Other Useful Software Lists
If you need something else, you can check out our other curated lists: